The Lytle Center for Pregnancy & Newborns
The Lytle Center for Pregnancy & Newborns is a unique community resource located at the Swedish First Hill campus.
Fully funded by philanthropy, the Lytle Center serves as a unique community resource for new families, mothers, and their babies by providing convenient access to a full spectrum of prenatal and postpartum care and services.
The Lytle Center offers access to comprehensive care for expectant families, including educational programs, fitness activities and support groups, as well as a designated clinic space for postpartum check-ups, lactation consultations, and well-baby follow up visits.
Make a gift today to help get families off to the best possible start.
Women and Infants Follow-up and Clinic
- New mothers and infants can come to the Lytle Center three to five days post-discharge for a wellness check to ensure mom and baby are both healthy.
- New mothers and infants who need additional help with breastfeeding can meet with an RN lactation consultant for an individual appointment.
- Social work and psychiatry services provide screening and individualized care for women experiencing symptoms of postpartum mood disorder.
- Babies and families going home from the NICU can return to the follow-up clinic for help with feeding, Ng tube cleaning and insertion, jaundice screening, and questions.
Resource & Education Center
- Warm, living-room like gathering space for new moms, infants and families to rest, breastfeed, and connect with other new moms and families.
- Retail for pregnancy, childbirth, parenting, breastfeeding, newborn and wellness items.
- Large classroom space used for childbirth, parenting, and women’s informational classes, support groups, and more.
- Baby care stations where families can change baby’s diaper, have all of the needed supplies at hand, weigh baby, and connect with other new parents.
- Outside play area for toddlers and children and outside seating area for families.
- To make an appointment at the Lytle Center or for more information, visit www.swedish.org/lytle or call 206-21-LYTLE (206-215-9853).
Swedish Medical Center Foundation donors, Chuck and Karen Lytle, generously provided the initial major gift to kick off the fundraising efforts to bring the Lytle Center and its services to Swedish. We are thankful to all our donors for their generous support.
For more information and to donate to the Lytle Center, contact Jennifer Blume, assistant director major gifts, at 206-386-3348 or firstname.lastname@example.org.